The Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor. It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
Follow each and every step of the Global Internship Program guide. Before applying to the GIST Internship in Korea, Please review all instructions carefully before completing the application. Incorrect or incomplete information may prevent your application from being considered for the summer internship.
The duration of the Global Intern Program is 8 weeks. The last date to apply for this international internship in Korea is 12 March 2021. Apply as soon as possible.
How to Apply for the Global Internship Program?
1. Application Procedure
Step 1: Apply for a place in the desired program
- Decide on the specific laboratory you wish to study and complete the Global Internship Program application form. Complete all relevant sections of the Online Application form.
The Global Intern Program is designed to provide knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (https://eecs.gist.ac.kr/)
- School of Materials Science and Engineering (https://mse.gist.ac.kr/)
- School of Mechanical Engineering (https://me.gist.ac.kr/)
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering (https://env1.gist.ac.kr/)
- School of Life Sciences (https://life1.gist.ac.kr/life/e_main)
- Department of Physics and Photon Science (http://phys.gist.ac.kr/)
- Department of Chemistry (https://chem.gist.ac.kr/)
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering (https://bmse.gist.ac.kr/)
- School of Integrated Technology (https://firstname.lastname@example.org)
Participants of the Program will be assigned to specific laboratories and receive their research training under the supervision of the professors in charge of the laboratories.
Applicants should indicate in their applications the laboratories they want to be assigned to in the order of preference.
Note: List of Required Application Documents
- Submission of the online application form
- (Upload) Original or notarized official degree certificates(or Certificate of Enrollment) for all
undergraduate and graduate
- (Upload) Original or notarized official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate
- (Upload) One letter of recommendation
- (Upload) A certificate of English language proficiency issued by your home university or An official score report of the TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC or TEPS
Please note that we will ask you to send all the required documents that you uploaded by post mail after you get admission to the Global Intern Program. If the delivered documents do not match what you uploaded, your admission will be cancelled. Your documents should be the original or a notarized copy. Submitted Documents will not be returned.
Step 2: Wait for the results
- Selection results will be announced via e-mail only. Please make sure to check your email.
Step 3: Enrollment
- Successfully enrolled students will receive a document package containing: Letter of Admission,
Letter of Financial Sponsorship, and a Letter of Invitation to apply for a VISA.
Step 4: Apply for the visa
- In order to apply for a visa, you will need to obtain a visa application form from the Embassy of
the Republic of Korea in your country. When you apply for the visa, you must attach all the documents that we sent to the application form.
- After you receive your visa, you can contact staff at the Section of International Cooperation. We will assist you to be well adapted for studying and living at GIST
2. Login or Apply
This is to register a new online application account and check the application status.
Log-in (if you have done registration)
- Insert your e-mail address and password when you register your online application.
- Click Login Button to open your Global Internship Program online application.
Register Online Application (For New Application)
- Click the “Apply” button, the new online application registration page will be popped-up
- Insert your personal and application information. [*] marked fields are mandatory.
- Click the Save button to save your information.
- The e-mail will be used as your application ID., Also all announcements will be sent to
the e-mail. Please make sure that the e-mail is active.
- Name: All names should be written exactly as they appear in your passport.
- Date of Birth: The order is a year, month, day(YYYY-MM-DD). Please be careful not to
collection and usage agreement checkbox.